MISSION: Unite the Arts, Humanities, and Sciences; business and industry, and community leaders to increase citizen's love of nature, promote environmental awareness, and create local-to-global sustainability.
• Organize grassroots teaching and learning events modeled after the "Genius of Earth Day" 1970.
• Collaborate and cooperate with diverse organizations who support Earth Stewardship/Creation Care, whether for sacred or secular reasons.
• Advocate clean renewable energies, economies, and jobs to heal Earth and strengthen local and global economies.
• Illuminate environmental role models and their visions to inspire hope to solve the climate change crisis.
• Improve quality of life through excellent arts and outdoors activities.
• Motivate citizens to make green pledges at home, school, and work to co-create sustainable environments.
GUJC 2018 SPONSORS: Chautauqua Region Community Foundation,Episcopal Church Advisory Council on the Stewardship of Creation (NYC), Jamestown Community College (Earth Awareness Club, JCC Foundation, Faculty Student Association, Katherine Jackson Endowment for the Humanities, Scharmann Theatre, and Weeks Gallery) Rotary Club, and St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Jamestown, New York.
MEDIA ONE GROUP is providing significant advertising support for the many GreenUp Jamestown Coalition programs and panel discussions.
"PILLAR OF LIGHT" SPONSORS: Funded in part by the New York State Council on the Arts Decentralization Regrant Program with support from the New York State Legislature and Governor Andrew Cuomo and administered by the Cattaraugus County Arts Council. Corporate sponsors include Interlectric Corporation and Solar Liberty.
GUJC PARTNERS: Audubon Community Nature Center, Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy, Jamestown Community College, Robert H. Jackson Center, Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, and Zion Covenant Church and Creation Care Class.